How to Write a Business Blog and Boost Your Business? By Tom Bird IS THIS BOOK RIGHT FOR ME This book is for those who wish to find a powerful tool to boost their business. No matter whether you are a sole proprietor, the owner of a corporation, or just started your own enterprise – this book will be helpful. ABOUT THE AUTHOR According to BusinessWeb, “Tom Bird is perhaps the most influential business blogger on the Internet.” His blog…
Choose an E-Book Template as Your Helper
Deep inside, any writer – a copywriter, a marketer, an entrepreneur – dreams of becoming an author of a bestseller. The surest way to a dream is to go from simple to complex, that is, to start writing a small e-book. An e-book is the same content as an infographic, email-mailing, or blog article. An e-book is an electronic document much like an Excel spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation. The file can not be touched and easily forwarded to the other end of the world, but otherwise it is almost the same as a paper book.
A Paper or Electronic Book?
Digitalization affects all areas of our lives, and the book market is not an exception:
- The production of paper books is declined.
- Bookstores are closed.
- The average circulation of books is reduced, and publishers begin to work on the principle of print-on-demand (POD).
- The level of penetration of electronic reading is higher.
- The share of digital in the incomes of publishers increases.
Against the background of the decline in the book industry and ubiquitous “mobilization,” the audience of electronic books is growing.
What is the Profit From an E-Book
You grow professionally and pump expertise: write posts in social networks and articles in a blog, submit videos on YouTube, and speak at industry conferences. You have a certain audience that asks questions and craves more content. If you have accumulated so much useful information on a certain topic that it does not fit into the article, perhaps it’s time to share knowledge and experience in the book.
However, a novice writer should not think about ten thousand copies and, especially, large profits from sales. It is better to start with free e-books. What is the profit from a free book that is useful to people?
- Traffic to the site (links from e-books are easy to navigate, as site addresses do not need to be rewritten manually).
- Contacts of potential customers (if you are asking to leave them access to the book).
- Improvement of writing skills.
- Good feedback from the target audience.
- The ability to argue the price of goods and services.
- Strengthening reputation, social hype.
Make books payable when you become sufficiently popular. In the meantime, give away your e-books for free, because it is also profitable. It turns out that an e-book is a long-term investment in business. You can forget that the book is somewhere on the internet, and it will bring new subscribers, partners, and customers. For companies and professionals, an e-book is an effective tool for managing reputation, as well as for educational, inbound, and content marketing.
How to Distribute an E-Book
You have an electronic book on your hands, which you now need to distribute. How to draw attention to it and call for downloading?
- Publish an announcement on the blog, and make a separate landing page on the site.
- Tell about it to your subscribers in the email newsletter.
- Persuade opinion leaders to read the book and share their impressions.
- Set up contextual and targeted advertising for your target audience.
Before downloading the book, leaving contact information, or reposting, users should at least get acquainted with the table of contents. Even better is to publish an excerpt from the book. Also, add new reviews to the e-book page. All this will eventually increase the conversion.
How to Make an E-Book Interesting
Remain yourself. The fact that you know the issue you are describing more than others should not in any way manifest itself in the book in the form of morals, lectures, and arrogant statements. You need to learn how to attract, not repel. Through the text, you can catch a lot of nuances. You can catch the mood and attitude of the described issue or topic, as well as of the reader. Remember this.
After someone reads your book, at least he or she should feel like your good friend. Through your books, you communicate with people just like if you communicated live, by means of oral speech. And here it is important to be real and sincere. Again, just steady yourself in dealing with the characteristics of the audience for which you write.
You need to imagine in your own mind how you would communicate “live” with the person who is addressing your book. How would you talk to him or her? How would your conversation be at the computer table or in the park on the bench (it all depends on the topic)? Think and try to transfer the mood of this meeting into the text, mentally holding the created image in your head. Do not try to be smarter than you are. Do not use words and phrases that are not characteristic of you.
Exercises for Writing an E-Book
You’ve probably heard about 10,000 hours: that’s the time you need to spend to learn the skills of a profession. Writing is not an exception. We offer five tasks that will be useful for novice authors of e-books.
- Five notes. Writing notes is a useful exercise. It teaches us to think logically, write briefly, and write according to the topic. Find the top five news items on the internet. Write your version of each note in the volume of 900-1000 characters. Write only the essence without unnecessary details. After writing the news, read them again and cross out the extra words – “very,” “even,” “in fact,” “in general,” and so on.
- Interview. You must be able to ask the right questions as well. The quality of the information that you are going to convey to people depends on them. Suppose today you need to write a note on how Moses brought the Ten Commandments to the people of Israel. Who would you ask for comments? Write a minimum of three news makers and come up with three questions that you would ask them.
- Verbal sprint. This task develops imagination and teaches you to write without waiting for inspiration. Choose a topic, set a timer for 5 or 10 minutes, and write! If there are problems with the theme, open any book on page 17 and find the 6th line. This will be your theme. While the time is passing, it’s important not to hesitate. Let your thoughts rush with the speed of the hounds. Write with a sense of urgency. Jump through the prohibitions, illuminate every lost, lonely thought in your head, and let it break free. A verbal sprint suggests you to turn off the value judgment by entering into the intuitive flow which high-speed writing is connected with.
- Description of the service. The authors rarely pay attention to the questions of their audience, so often the advertising materials turn into long canvases of lengthy thoughts. Even if you list specific answers to the questions posed as a numbered list, it will be much better. Imagine that you need to write a text for the service that repairs printers. And now take the client’s position and make a list of questions, the answers of which he or she wants to find in the text. Next, based on these questions, make a text (or list) in which you sell a service of printer repairs.
- One text. The exercise is very simple, but it requires perseverance. Take any of your text (to start a small volume) and try to improve it. To note the shortcomings in your own text is quite difficult, so ask your friends for help: let them leave their comments. Rewrite the text until you are 100% sure that every word in it is necessary and is in the right place. Take short notes, otherwise you can get bogged down in corrections for a long time.
How an E-Book Template Can Help You
Just like any other writer who writes an e-book for the first time, you need to read through e-book examples. While creating an e-book with a good example, you get access to the brightest and most interesting ideas that will make writing easier for you. You can see that our samples are flawless and read easily.
Even if you are not very knowledgeable in e-book writing, free e-book templates presented on our site will teach you how to write an ebook from the first step. These templates are created for beginners. With the help of stunning templates and easy guides, you can create a professional e-book – from the first to the last page.
Create your own book taking into account formatting used in the e-book sample. Choose a professional template from our blog. In our samples, you can see how to adjust the images, add excellent filters, and format the text. You can see how to add your own images in the book if it is needed.
Each template e-book presented on our site is written by a skillful writer. Beside samples, you can also find guides and a set of ebook topics in demand that can help you to deal with your business papers. So, if you don’t know how to start your paper, simply select the required category and learn how to cope with your task successfully!