Compare and Contrast Essay Examples
The main characters in this book are Dr. Watson, who is a medical surgeon and served in Northumberland Fusiliers in the fifth regiment, and Sherlock Holmes. Holmes is a private and specialized detective with a super-natural capability to solve criminal cases. In the long run, Dr. Watson traveled to the 2nd Anglo-Afghan war. While in Anglo-Afghan, Dr. Watson was injured, subsequently going back to London where he is seen to lend a hand in Holmes’ work of solving crime cases…
Radiohead is a rock band formed in 1985 in England. It is a group of five musicians, having each their areas of specialization. Thom Yorke is the vocal leader as well as the main songwriter, playing piano and guitar. Johnny Greenwood is the main guitarist, also playing keyboards and ornamentation sounds involving electronics. Colin Greenwood is the bassist of the group. Ed O’ Brien is a guitarist and songwriter for the band, providing backing vocals as well. Phil Selway plays…
Instagram is an online social network that allows users to take pictures, apply digital filters to photos and share photos on other social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. However, in December 2012, Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, stopped supporting the Twitter Cards application. This means that Instagram photos can no longer appear on Twitter, but only a link can be shown to direct users to Instagram photos. This fact has aroused a lot of controversies among users as…
Here at AnswerShark.com you can find a lot of samples on various topics, including compare and contrast essay samples. All the examples on this site were written by professional writers and are all free of charge. Each writer is an expert in a particular discipline and has written several topics that are frequently assigned to students at schools, universities, and colleges. Each sample was created on a particular topic in order to give students good examples that can be useful in your writing process.
Every good writer knows: nothing appears from the void. Many essays and books are based on what was created earlier. There is nothing absolutely original. If it seems to you that all interesting essay topics have already been described and all the problem issues have already been solved, try to copy someone else’s! Yes, first of all, you need to learn how to copy, study, and inherit the great aspects, and only then create something of your own.
All beginners – writers, students, and many other future professionals – need a period of imitation which can last from several months to many years. To begin with, you need to learn how to imitate professionals. Musicians imitate the sounds of the best bands of recent years. Actors imitate their idols. Writers try to repeat those words and ideas from other authors that have already succeed in their sphere.
If you are writing a compare and contrast essay for the first time and you are not sure that you will be able to write it, don’t panic! A compare and contrast essay is about comparing two subjects and describing their similarities or differences. Do you know that you are comparing things every single day?
People use the compare and contrast analysis often: we compare yesterday’s and today’s weather, two gadgets, or two different restaurants. At a psychology course you can be asked to compare two psychological researches, at work you may be asked to compare the sales for the last couple of months, and every day you compare several products at the supermarket to choose the best one. This means that you have already applied comparative analysis in your daily life and you already have an experience that will help you in writing your compare and contrast essay.
So, you have got an assignment that asks you to write a compare and contrast essay. What would you do if it’s your first compare and contrast essay? Where should you begin? How should you organize the structure? What to do if you have read the guidelines and still can’t get how the finished essay should look? The answer is simple – you need to read some good examples of compare and contrast essays.
How Our Samples Can Help You
It may happen that you have already decided how you can use our compare contrast essay examples, but we still have to tell you about opportunities you will have with reading our samples:
- Use the paper structure for your own paper. That doesn’t mean to just thoughtlessly copy it. Look through the sample very attentively and underline the main points and paragraphs, and define how the author has structured the text. A compare and contrast essay can be written using various approaches: concentrating only on similarities, only on differences, or describing both at the same time. Consider that different types of essays have different structures and before writing you should make sure that the compare and contrast paper example corresponds with your assignment. When you have a possibility to look through structures of completed essays, you will be able to find one that will suit you the best and you won’t need to spend time thinking about it on your own.
- Improve your vocabulary. When reading the sample we advise you to take notes on the best choice of words and phrases. Pay attention to terms that the author operates – you can also use them in your own paper. Also, look through transition words and phrases that connect the paragraphs; maybe in your case they will also be suitable.
- Explore the sources from the references section. If you are going to write an essay on a topic similar to our sample’s topic, look through the sources listed at the end of the sample. You may find more interesting or credible information that you can also use in your own essay.
- Find ideas and accumulate creativity. For example, if you are stuck with writing the introductory part to your essay, read several compare and contrast essay introduction examples and we believe that it will be enough to beat the block and start writing! Find the most suitable ideas that can be applied in your essay and write from your own point of view.
- Use the sample’s topic. Every essay is unique and it won’t be a crime if you will write an essay on a similar topic as the sample. You can use the overall idea or take the author’s point of view for your essay, but don’t plagiarize. Make your text interesting and unique.
- Cite the best phrases from the sample. It won’t be plagiarism if you take a couple of sentences that fit your essay. Don’t forget to apply the right format for citations and make sure that you don’t cite the sample too often.
On the internet you can find many sites that propose compare and contrast essay examples. College is frequently a place where everyone is in a hurry and students fight with the deadlines like knights with dragons. Sample essays dramatically ease the writing process, which is why such examples are very popular among the internet. The more samples you read, the more ideas you get. But before reading the sample, make sure that the site is reliable enough. Many sites upload samples written by students and this doesn’t guarantee quality. We recommend you to use only reliable sources like AnswerShark, which gives students the opportunity to read samples written by expert writers that have solid experience in academic writing. Ask you friends and classmates to recommend you the sources they trust.
We advise you to take a look at other samples that are not related to your topic. It happens that you can find the most suitable phrases or ideas in the most unexpected places. Pay attention to the author’s way of thinking and what arguments are used to support his or her thoughts. Carefully read the examples and then proceed to those samples related to your topic.
If you were assigned with a difficult compare and contrast topic, don’t hesitate to look through some essay samples over the internet. That doesn’t mean that you should copy the essay; just get inspired with some ideas or come up with the outline. Pay attention to every detail and write them down into your notebook. Don’t forget to save the links to the best samples, so you have the ability to return back.
There is nothing original in today’s world, so don’t reject someone else’s influence. Collect ideas, think over them again, arrange them in a new way, and create your own piece. Follow your interests wherever they take you, and grant freedom to your creativity. Looking at the world in this way, you stop guessing what is good or bad. Everything that you can find can come in handy when writing an essay.