Persuasive Essay Examples
Marriage is an Age-Old Concept that Should be Abolished Even though there is no final definition, in most countries marriage is a social union between people, which establishes and regulates their mutual rights and obligations, as well as responsibilities between parents and children. Through centuries, marriage has been an important social concept, the basis of family and social regulation of sexual relations, which was determined to give moral value to these relations and to provide the necessary opportunities to raise…
Advertising Encourages us To Buy Things We Don’t Need Advertising is a method marketers use to manipulate and persuade people to buy their products. There is a type of communication that marketers use to make people get interested in their products. This communication is used in media, newspapers, radio stations, websites and blogs, and radio shows. Advertising can also be done on the packaging of most purchased products. Milk cartons are used to advertise other products like cereals, biscuits, and…
Abstract This paper explores the changes that have occurred to the human psyche from interaction with computer technologies. The following content will investigate related Internet resources related to the subject, including newspapers, magazines, video, and encyclopedias. The obtained conclusions allow drawing up a more effective strategy for the integration of computer use in the sphere of human thinking. Computers have brought a number of changes to humankind. They effect practically every realm of society – business, industry, education, as well…
Learn How to Use Persuasive Essay Examples for Your Writing
Writing a persuasive essay requires from its author not only a high level of writing skills, but also erudition. If essay writing is waiting for you in the near future, you will be interested to read through our persuasive essay examples. In this article, we’ll talk about how an essay sample can help you with your writing.
The Ways to Use Persuasive Essay Samples
One of the most common and reliable ways of understanding how to write a persuasive essay is to use a sample. The essence of it is to bring you ideas and view the topic from different angles. When you are reading a sample, you see what plan your paper should have. The plan for writing an essay of this kind will look like this:
- Introduction. Here it is necessary to reformulate the topic in your own words without expressing your opinion. You can see how your introduction can be written while reading through our examples of papers.
- Arguments “for” the expressed idea. It is necessary to defend the expressed opinion with enumeration of arguments and examples.
- Arguments “against” the idea. Here, the opposite point of view should be presented. Before the paragraph, include a marker, signaling that the opposite opinion will be presented further. It can begin with “However …” The author should provide an expression of disagreement with the stated point of view and the reasons for this disagreement. Possible reference expressions:
It is impossible not to agree with the author that …
It is hard not to agree with the author’s point of view on the problem …
In my opinion, the topicality of this problem is that …
It seems to me that the author is not right, arguing that …
Not quite accurate, in my opinion, is the evaluation of the author (of which) …
- The conclusion. In conclusion, the author’s own opinion is given, based on the above arguments for and against. In conclusion, the student must sum up what has been said. Possible support phrases:
In conclusion, I want to note (emphasize, pay attention) …
In this way …
Before you start writing essays, make a list of arguments for and against. Each paragraph should preferably begin with a thematic proposal reflecting the topic of the paragraph. Do not use short phrases and a conversational style. You should not use strong verbs (I know …). Your opinion needs to be expressed in a softer form and in a reasonable way (It seems to me …). Your essay will be more interesting if you use famous quotes.
Adhere to the following guidelines when writing a persuasive essay:
- Do not use abbreviated forms of words. For example – don’t and isn’t.
- Brackets and exclamation marks are not recommended.
- Sentences should not begin with the words and, but, or also.
- The conclusion should always reflect your own opinion on the topic.
- When writing an essay, use introductory words and phrases.
- The volume of the essay can vary according to the requirements, but you can look about our persuasive writing examples to understand what volume your essay should have.
- Leave time for checking grammatical errors.
- When preparing for the essay, learn a few common phrases on different topics.
Three typical mistakes are made when writing a persuasive essay:
Error 1. Using spoken style and shortened forms.
Error 2. Deviation from the topic (probably students hope that they will be appreciated for having written something).
Error 3. Using phrases that are too categorical.
One of the most important aspects of successful essay writing is constant training. Before writing a persuasive essay, you should study different persuasive writing topics, and learn the standard phrases. We hope also that our samples will help you write an essay and get a high grade.
Samples of Essays for Diverse Subjects
We have a collection of persuasive essays for diverse subjects – society, culture, economics, literature, and other spheres of human life. Our essays can be used as samples for writing different essays for schools, universities, and colleges. You can see that, in our examples, artistic techniques for a vivid and convincing presentation of the author’s position on the issue are used.
You may need our samples in the following situations:
- If your knowledge on a particular topic in an institution is tested.
- If you have the purpose to share with your readers your thoughts, ideas, discoveries, and reasoning on the topic of your research in some area through publication in the media.
- In some other cases.
The concept of the essay acquires the shades of meaning depending on who, where, and for what it is written. For a philosopher or scientist, for example, it is a way to share thoughts and discoveries. Now the word “essay” is often used to refer to students’ written papers, in which they summarize and in free form spread their knowledge and understanding on a specific topic on a particular subject, and each persuasive paper example helps them to understand how they should write on these specific topics.
Students’ essays seem to give the teacher an opportunity to understand the degree of mastering a topic by the student. In the form of an essay, the following can be expressed:
- Your thoughts and reasoning on some exciting topic in order to familiarize the audience with it.
- The level of knowledge and understanding of the topics studied at school, university, or college to obtain a grade.
- Report on your activities – developments and ideas which you plan to use in the future in professional activities.
Sometimes the most educated person confuses the need to present his or her thoughts in writing, also adhering to the framework of a specific literary genre. On the pages of our site, we place completed samples of all the above types for you. Use an example of an essay as a persuasive essay template.
The point is that the essay as a purely literary genre does not have clear criteria; however, essays for school, universities, work, or for a competition, nevertheless, usually have to meet certain requirements. Stick to them, relying on our samples!