Get the Task Done With an Analytical Research Paper Examples
Impact of Advertising on Adolescents’ Mentality Abstract This research is dedicated to the controversial topic of advertising to children. The researcher has analyzed two points of view with regard to the responsibility for the effects of advertisement on adolescent mentality. The research is focused both on measures that should be taken by parents within the family and by government at the state level in order to decrease the negative impacts of advertising. The researcher also offers efficient methods to solve…
A comparison of Brave New World and 1984 To write a comparison on 1984 and Brave New World is difficult and intriguing, as there are a lot of differences and similarities between these two books. Brave New World describes a world filled with enjoyment, desire and love, while 1984 is about a world full of oppression and horror. The two books are like two different mazes, one is called individualism and anarchism, and the other is called collectivism and totalitarianism….
Analytical Essay Example: Research
Analytical research is mainly used to find out the reasons underlying the phenomenon being studied. In situations where it is necessary to understand how the current changes in the conditions of the subject affect the formation of attitudes, opinions, and behaviors, experimental research, which is an independent type of analytical research, will help. During the process, the researcher provokes a change or transformation in order to find out what will happen.
Analytical research is the most profound type of sociological analysis that aims not only at describing the structural elements of the phenomenon under study, but also in ascertaining the causes that lie at its basis and determine the nature, prevalence, severity, and other characteristics inherent in it. This kind of research is very often used in practice. If in the course of descriptive research, a relationship is established between the characteristics of the phenomenon being studied, then in the course of the analytical research, it is determined whether the relationship found is causal.
In conducting an analytical research, a set of methods for collecting information is usually used. So, complementing each other, various forms of interrogation, document analysis, and observation are used. You can see it in an example of data analysis in a research paper.
Marketing Analytical Research Examples: An Experiment
- An independent type of analytical research is an experiment. This type of research is very often used in advertising practice. They are used to determine how different actions (independent variables) affect the attitude, opinion, and behavior of consumers (dependent variables). A characteristic of the experiment is that you can purposefully change the conditions that need to be checked.
- Experiments can help to find answers to many questions related to the choice of advertising media, the presentation of a new product, the content of advertising, advertising costs, and so on. Thus, during the experiment, for example, the amount of advertising placed on a particular market can vary, thus determining the effect of the intensity (saturation) of advertising on the awareness of the target audience and recalling the advertising message.
- The key to the success of the experiment lies in the quality of its planning. Effective experimental plans include a simulated plan with preliminary and final testing, a final testing and control group plan, a pre-test and final testing plan, a control group, and a four-group Solomon plan. These plans, unlike the quasi-experimental plans, provide greater confidence in the results, since they eliminate the possibility of some threats to internal validity (i.e. threats of preliminary measurement, interaction, background, natural development, instrumental error, selection, and elimination).
- The experiment consists of four main stages, regardless of the subject of research and on who conducts it. So, during the experiment it is necessary: to determine what exactly it is necessary to know; to take appropriate actions (conduct an experiment by manipulating one or more variables); to observe the effect and consequences of these actions on other variables; to determine to what extent the observed effect can be caused by the actions undertaken.
- To be sure that the observed results are due to experimental manipulation, the experiment should be valid. It is necessary to exclude factors that may affect the results. Otherwise, it is not known what to attribute differences in the attitude or behavior of the respondents observed before and after the experimental manipulation: the very process of manipulation, the change of measuring tools, recording techniques, data collection methods, or inconsistent interviewing.
- In addition to the experimental plan and internal validity, the researcher needs to determine the optimal conditions for carrying out the planned experiment. They are classified according to the level of reality of the experimental situation and environment. In this way, laboratory and field experiments are allocated. To understand them better, find an example of an analytical paper.
Marketing Analytical Paper Sample: Advantages and Disadvantages of Laboratory Experiments
Laboratory experiments are usually conducted when it is necessary to evaluate the levels of something. Experiments allow you to test approaches required for writing your paper. In the course of laboratory experiments, psychological and physiological reactions are fixed, the direction of the look is monitored, or the skin’s galvanic reaction is observed.
When conducting laboratory experiments, researchers have sufficient opportunities to monitor its progress. They can plan physical conditions for carrying out experiments and manipulate strictly prescribed variables. But the artificiality of the environment for carrying out laboratory experiments usually creates an environment different from real conditions. Accordingly, in the laboratory, the response of respondents may differ from the response in natural conditions.
As a consequence, well-designed laboratory experiments usually have a high degree of internal validity, a relatively low degree of external validity, and a relatively low level of generalizability.
Marketing Analytical Research Paper Sample: Advantages and Disadvantages of Field Experiments
Unlike laboratory experiments, field experiments are characterized by a high level of realism and a high level of generalizability. However, when they are conducting, there may be threats to internal validity. It should also be noted that conducting field experiments takes a lot of time and is expensive.
For today, a field experiment is the best tool in marketing research. It allows you to identify the links between the cause and the effect, and accurately get the results of the experiment on a real target market. Examples of conducting field experiments are test markets and electronic test markets.
Experiments on test markets are used to evaluate the presentation of a new product, as well as strategy and advertising alternatives before a nationwide campaign. Thus, it is possible to evaluate alternative options for action without large-scale financial investments.
For the experiment in the test market, a targeted selection of geographic areas is usually conducted in order to obtain representative, comparable geographical units (cities, towns). Once potential markets are selected, they are distributed according to experimental conditions. At the same time, it is recommended that at least two markets must be allocated for each experimental condition. In addition, if it is desired to generalize the results of the whole country, each of the experimental and control groups should include four markets, one from each geographic region of the country.
A typical experiment in the test market can be conducted within a month or a year or more. In the arsenal of researchers there are test markets at the sales points and modeled test markets. The test market at the points of sale usually has a fairly high level of external validity and an average level of internal validity. The modeled test market has strengths and weaknesses that are inherent in laboratory experiments. This is a relatively high level of internal validity and a relatively low level of external validity. In comparison with test markets in the field of sales, the modeled test markets provide greater control over external variables, the results come faster and the cost of obtaining them is lower.
The electronic test market is a market where a marketing research company monitors the advertising transmitted at home to each of the participants and tracks purchases made by members of each family. Research conducted on the electronic test market allows you to correlate the type and amount of advertising seen with customer behavior. The purpose of research in the electronic test market is to increase the degree of control over the experimental situation without sacrificing generalizability or external validity.
During the experiment in the electronic test market conducted within a limited number of markets, a television signal sent to the participants’ apartments is monitored and the purchasing behavior of the persons residing in these apartments is recorded. Research technologies of electronic test markets allow you to change commercials for each individual family, comparing the response of the participating group to the control group. Usually, research in the test electronic market lasts from six to twelve months.
Analytical Research for a Dissertation
A high quality dissertation cannot exist without the analytical review. An analytical review of the literature is perhaps the most accessible method of research. Undoubtedly, its laboriousness today, due to the availability of the internet, has been reduced, but a great amount of available material still requires the performer to critically evaluate the published data and the ability to use the information obtained for the development of the chosen analytical research topic. To successfully apply this method, the student will need to master the skills of working with literature. Moreover, in the current situation, the skills required yesterday – to select exact quotes, to write out notes competently, and then to use notes when writing a paper – have largely lost their relevance. Electronic formats of publications allow you to do it quickly and accurately.
How to Choose Literary Material for Analytical Research
In the conditions of an abundance of available information, a graduate student needs the ability to competently group and structure information in accordance with the plan of the scientific paper. It is important to understand exactly which data and scientific views are already outdated, and which sources should not be trusted. The question of the reliability of data today is extremely relevant. Sometimes, rewriting others’ papers, and achieving 100% of the uniqueness of the text, the authors of articles on the internet that do not have sufficient qualifications in the area about which they write unintentionally distort the data. You can imagine what results of the research can be obtained if, without sufficient knowledge in the field of research, you write a thesis based on such publications.
What to Start With and What to Get As a Result
Before starting to write the chapter of the dissertation on literature analysis, it is very useful to determine which aspects of the problem are studied, described, and proven, and on what issues are described in scientific discussions. Also, it is useful to find analytical research question examples.
So, you have to:
- collect and summarize reliable information available on the topic;
- determine the level of modern achievements in this field;
- describe the problem with references to existing points of view;
- focus on which of the positions are undeniable;
- compare and contrast the positions supported by different authors;
- critically comprehend the material at your disposal;
- identify the main arguments and exclude secondary;
- determine your attitude to the substance of the problem;
- summarize everything and, in the end, present your own – new – conclusions.
Regardless of how exactly the text of the thesis will be prepared, you will have to defend it on your own. Therefore, do not miss the opportunity to study modern literature on the topic of your paper. The content of your paper should not be a presentation or a retelling of the literary sources used. The task of an analytical review of the literature is to formulate your own working hypothesis and outline a plan for further research.
What the Analytical Section of the Dissertation Contains
The purpose of writing the analytical section is based on the theoretical methodological basis set out in the first chapter, and considers in detail the patterns of phenomena or processes associated with the object of exploration.
If the student’s specialty is hard science, then the analysis is conducted with reference to facts or data obtained during the experiments. In this case, the analytical section of the dissertation is its practical part, which reflects the conditions and stages of the conducted research, examines the results of experiments, observations, and comparisons, and makes recommendations on the modernization of the subject of study. The content of the analytical part of dissertations in humanitarian disciplines is a chain of reasoning based on the comparison of informational sources selected by the author.
Our blog includes lots of useful information that can help you to write different types of papers. You can use guides and samples to make your writing process much easier. You will learn what is an analytical research paper in a way that will earn you high grades. We hope that our recommendations will be useful for you.