Persuasive Essay Topics You Need to Look Through
If you have already carefully read the section “How to Write a Persuasive Essay” and you know the structure of the essay as well as the rules of writing it, and you have a proper idea of how to check the paper and what errors can occur when writing, you now have to get acquainted with persuasive essay topics.
The persuasive writing topics are given here not to replace your own work. And you should not copy and paste them as your own – it is better to come up with your own idea. Examples are given here for the following reasons:
- To improve the understanding of the stated academic rules, comparing them with the practical material given here.
- To improve your writing skills.
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for Different Disciplines
- Is man an integral part of nature or is man standing over nature? In a short period of time, we have changed the face of nature more than all natural cataclysms taken together. It doesn’t matter how far we try to move away from nature – we are part of it. Nature has given us the most terrible weapon – the mind, but we do not use it for the good of it itself.
- Is the Internet good or evil? Now, communication on the Internet deals with using a lot of communicator programs, e-mail, chat rooms, social networks, and God knows what else. Abundance, or rather – an excess of information that falls on the user, disaccustoms him or her from the habit of focusing, and reaccustoms to the perception of information in short, torn periods – clips. The World Wide Web is just an instrument, and how we will dispose of it is the work of our mind and conscience.
- Why is competition the main and almost the only engine of evolution? Our distant ancestor from the Stone Age competed with his brethren for the most beautiful lady, trying to dig better roots for her, to hammer a fatter mammoth, and to obtain more beautiful pebbles. In the Middle Ages, competition often took on wild forms – representatives of different religions and ruling dynasties trying to get rid of competitors – and then a whole range of ways, from the poison of Borgia to the strappado and the “iron maiden” were used. It would seem that we have become smarter, more civilized – but when competition intervenes in big political issues, again people and whole nations are fighting for a better place in the world.
- Is it possible to reduce the amount of obese people? The problem is solvable, if to find the constant of all diets, including the most sophisticated ones – it is the energy rule, according to which the arrival of energy with food should be just below the expense. Anyone who has mastered the technique and lost weight is able to pass on knowledge to those who did not yet lose weight in a brief conversation and referring to ten short theses. Restrictions really do not exist – talking about “useful” and “harmful” products only leads to going away from the main goal: losing weight. In addition, an issue lies in blaming people if they fail – the more bans, the higher the probability of their violation.
- Does the problem of loneliness and seclusion in the big city really exist? Moving to big cities in the hope of building a new, happy future, people often remain with nothing, feel themselves as strangers in a new atmosphere, and are lost among a huge number of people like them. Getting in a crowd, a person acutely feels his or her own insignificance. Everyone knows this feeling: in the subway at peak hour, or on a busy street, people do not notice each other, trying to either abstract from what is happening, or to throw out the accumulated negativity on anyone who is near.
- Can time change a person? We absorb the characteristics of time and become involved in it. It’s hard to determine your place in time, as this happens because time exists only in the present. Time changes the person, and surely everyone will see it, but not now.
- Is science fiction entertainment or serious literature? Despite all the attributes of the “fantasy” novel, these books present so many moral dilemmas to the reader and include as many lessons as you would find in many classic books. Mobile phones and the Internet, magnetic cushion trains and flights to the moon – all this has already been described in the pages of “frivolous” novels long before all these things appeared in reality. Reading the anti-utopian novels of Orwell, for example, one can clearly see a warning to us, those who live now, from possible mistakes in the future.
- Is it possible to overcome global problems of the modern world? The inability to anticipate and prevent the negative consequences of the scientific and technological revolution threatens to plunge mankind into a thermonuclear, ecological, or social catastrophe. If humanity does not give priority to environmental issues in all activities, to make efforts to preserve and restore the natural environment, our history may end very soon. Since all global problems are interrelated and it is impossible to solve any one problem separately, by the efforts of a particular country or several countries, we need joint efforts, the will and actions of all mankind, the efforts of every family, every individual.
- Why is it so difficult to find a mutual language and what is the reason for disagreements among people? A factor that protects a person from conflict with others is his or her self-esteem. In personal and intergroup relations, there is social tension, which runs opposite of interests and is understood as a level of conflict, changing over time. Social conflicts can manifest themselves as interethnic, labor, and political conflicts, and are most often caused by the consequences of economic and political reforms.
- Is it true that world history is the sum of all that could be avoided? Sometimes historical figures build a strategy, not paying attention to the fact that such actions have not been successful in the past. One such example is Hitler’s plan to capture the USSR, which was unsuccessful. The German dictator did not take into account the sad experience of Napoleon and other conquerors who failed.
- Is revolution a barbaric method of progress? Since a revolution is a radical breakdown of the whole existing system, the transformation of all or most aspects of social life that occurs in a short period of time, this form of progress is always accompanied by a large number of victims and violence. If to remember the Great French Revolution, we will see the rampancy of Jacobin terror, the guillotine “working” without days off, and a series of incessant revolutionary wars. If we recall the English bourgeois revolution, we will also see a civil war, with repressions against dissenters.
- Why is psychology the science of the future? Most experts consider psychology as a collection of various theories, facts, assumptions, goals, and methodologies. It is connected with other sciences and developed with them. There are many different psychological approaches that take place in life nowadays and that will take place in a future reality as well.
- Which branch of psychology has the greatest importance in the modern world and why? The results of research in the field of general psychology are the basis for the development of all branches and sections of psychological science. As a rule, within the framework of general psychology, a scientific presentation on general theoretical principles and the most important methods of psychology are offered, which are characterized by basic scientific concepts.
- Is self-realization of personality in creativity important? An artistically gifted person creates works that have a stable significance for a given society for a significant period of its development. Creativity begins with a heightened attention to the phenomena of the world and assumes rare impressions, which are the ability to keep them in mind and comprehend. Consciousness and subconsciousness, reason and intuition – these are involved in artistic creation.
- Do digital technologies have an impact on business? Comparative analysis shows that those who successfully use digital technologies in their activities are more competitive than those who are lagging behind in their “digital maturity.” Companies invest in various types of information systems to collect client information in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of specific geography and market segments, as well as the level of customer satisfaction. Companies use digital technologies for additional communication with the client.
- Do we need tolerance? Any person should maintain tolerance for others. To become a tolerant person, you first need to develop your spiritual world, to evaluate it. Life will provide us with various difficult situations, which it is necessary to act worthily in, not to allow manipulation of ourselves, adhering to our own opinions and choices.
- Is truth rarely pure and never simple? Behind every word of a person there can be an entire story of lies that is not visible to another. Truth, no matter how terrible it is, will be much more pleasant to hear than to know that you were lied to. But it is necessary to keep in mind that in real life, even alleviated truth can greatly offend a person or humiliate his or her honor.
- Is imagination the engine of progress? Imagination helps a person to transform the world – because he or she is able to translate personal fantasies into reality and, thereby, improve the surrounding life. The product of the human imagination is nothing else than science – the theoretical systematized views on the surrounding world, based on the data of scientific research generated by the human imagination. Imagination constantly stimulates the progress of science, putting forward new requirements and tasks to it.
- Is classic fiction outdated? Classic fiction can not become outdated, because it speaks about the problems that worry people at all times. Good and evil, love and hate, the meaning of life, the mystery of death, the laws of the universe, the place of man in this world – classic writers think about it and help their readers (regardless of the century in which they live) to find answers to the most important questions. In one of the “classic” characters, the reader will necessarily find himself or herself, or a friend, and will meet a life drama similar to the character’s.
These interesting persuasive essay topics will help students create papers for different disciplines. We try to collect the most popular topics that you and your professor will admire. You can also check out other ideas for writing different types of essays on our site. A good topic is only half the battle of a well-written paper, so you should learn also how to structure your essay. We have gathered all rules that you should know about essay writing. With the help of our posts, you can improve your writing and get a high grade. You will write your papers much faster – just give it a try!